Sunday, February 20, 2011

Time For a Little Something



Welcome to my new blog. Please grab a cup of a little something and join me as I strive, along with many of you, to home educate my children. Officially I only have one student being "home schooled", but the fact of the matter is when you have your children living at home with you, no matter their age, they are still learning from you. Parents are the main influence on these young lives and as we all know we learn by living life. There is so much more to educating our children than opening up a certain curriculum with pencil and paper in hand, it is loving, nurturing, walking side by side and simply spending time with our children teaching them about every small detail of life. I hope to share with you in my posts some tidbits and lessons that I have learned over the last twelve years of my homeschooling adventure. I am still learning so much, as I think I've learned more from my own children than from the twelve plus years of my own formal education. Please know I don't intend for this to be an "I know it all" type of blog. I'll look forward to learning more along the way, and I hope to hear ideas from you as well. I pray that it will be a blessing and that I will only glorify my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, for whom I desire my children to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment