Monday, March 28, 2011

Joyfulness


Nehemiah 8:10 The joy of the Lord is your strength.

When I was trying to come up with a name for this new blog I wasn't sure what to choose. I wanted this blog to be encouraging to homeschoolers, especially those who were new to the adventure. One thing that has come to my mind for many years now is how full of joy I am that the Lord led us in this direction. For this I am most joyful. I cannot describe the joy that fills my heart when at the end of a hectic day, I can look back and thank the Lord for it. Not every day is a happy day and not every day is a good day. As a matter of fact some days are very bad. I've had days when I've thought, should we be doing this? Maybe my children would be learning more if they were in a private school or public school. Then it hits me, oh yes, they'd be learning more all right, but what would they be learning? After all these years I have seen the benefits of having educated my children at home. But still there are those days when doubt can creep in and I wonder, are we still doing the right thing? With the support of my husband, and the strength that only God has given me, I know that we are. At the end of each day I still look back and feel that joy that comes from doing God's will. Happiness is nothing compared with Joy! I hope you will be joyful as you homeschool too.

Psalm 20:4 May he grant you your heart's desire and fulfill all your plans!

4 comments:

  1. I know I have those thoughts from time to time as well. In just these 3 years of homeschooling, I have seen a dramatic improvement not only in their "education" but also in their spiritual walk. I'm so thankful that God has given me such encouraging friends that help guide and show me the "homeschooling ropes!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the most important isn't it? The joy of knowing that they are growing in the Lord. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you considered doing this blog and for sharing your thoughts and advice.

    I agree that happiness is nothing in comparison to joy. A great, deep down on the inside joy that you know only God can give. Although I'm not homeschooling yet (we're on the count down!!) I do know of the joy you describe.

    I've been a stay at home mom from the end of my 1st pregnancy til today. There just isn't anything like raising and loving your children! Even when days aren't so bright, the good outweighs the bad when you do God's will. I look forward to the joys ahead in homeschooling!

    Take care,
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Stacie,
    That's what I was talking about. How wonderful to have Jesus as Lord of our lives! JOY that comes only from Him.

    ReplyDelete