Monday, April 25, 2011

Joyfulness


Nehemiah 8:10 The joy of the Lord is your strength.

When I was trying to come up with a name for this new blog I wasn't sure what to choose. I wanted this blog to be encouraging to homeschoolers, especially those who were new to the adventure. One thing that has come to my mind for many years now is how full of joy I am that the Lord led us in this direction. For this I am most joyful. I cannot describe the joy that fills my heart when at the end of a hectic day, I can look back and thank the Lord for it. Not everyday is a happy day and not every day is a good day. As a matter of fact some days are very bad. I've had days when I've thought, should we be doing this? Maybe they'd be learning more if they were in a private school or public school. Then it hits me, oh yes, they'd be learning more all right, but what would they be learning? After all these years I have seen the benefits of having educated my children at home. But still there are those days when doubt can creep in and I wonder, are we still doing the right thing? With the support of family but mostly my husband, I know that we are. At the end of each day I still look back and feel that joy that comes from doing God's will. Happiness is nothing compared with Joy! I hope you will be joyful as you homeschool too.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jen. I completely agree. "Happiness is nothing compared with Joy!"

    Thanks so much for the encouragement and also for the reality check! Knowing that just because my children will be educated at home, doesn't mean that we won't have bad days or trials to face. But I'm encouraged because I know that in doing the will of God, good outweighs the bad.

    "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

    ReplyDelete