Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My God Provides

ESV Psalm 25:9 "He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way."  25:12-13 "Who is the man who fears the Lord?  Him will he instruct in the way that he should choose.  His soul shall abide in well being and his offspring shall inherit the Land."   As I read these verses in Psalm 25 this morning during my devotion time, I recalled the times that I've struggled trusting that teaching my own children was the right thing to do.  The days that we weren't accomplishing the goals I had in mind were like a black cloud over my head. I would wonder if I was doing the right thing with the child who struggled to simply finish a task.  When I put the difficulties in the hands of the Lord, which I didn't do soon enough, I always marveled that the Lord would provide the answer.  He came to my rescue and showed me the way to work with the situation. Sometimes it was taking a new path, and sometimes it was enduring the path we were on.

Because life happens while you home educate, you need to roll with the punches, so to speak.  There are days with interruptions that you didn't anticipate and these can become very frustrating.  My advice is to trust God, knowing of course, that He allowed the interruptions for a reason.  If you put your trust in Him to provide He will.  He promises to.  As I look back I can see that He did.   I fretted that the evaluations the state required wouldn't be "good enough".  I also fretted that SAT scores would suffer from lack of knowledge in a certain area.  But God never worried about any of those things.  Was I obeying Him?  Was I trusting Him that He would provide?  I'm doing better now because I can see that He has gotten us through the rough times.  I know there will still be times that I will worry about those up coming tests, but I also know He will guide us through.

As I read those verses the one that really stands out to me is;  "Who is the man who fears the Lord? Him will he instruct in the way that he should choose."  It's wonderful to know that the believer who fears and trusts the Lord will be shown by Him which way to go.  I know I never need doubt nor worry when the Lord shows me the way. And then look at the end of that verse; "His soul shall abide in well being and his offspring shall inherit the Land."  What a wonderful promise for God's children.  What hope abounds and the joy that follows!  Happy homeschooling!

2 comments:

  1. This was encouraging!

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stacie. God bless you as well!

    ReplyDelete