Monday, September 17, 2012

New School Year, New Curriculum

I decided last fall that this upcoming school year would consist of some curriculum we have never used before.  We have used our wonderful tried and true curruculum since nearly the beginning.  It felt like a good time to spread our wings and really try something new and I think it's going to be a good fit for my son.  Being that he is now in 10th grade I can see that a fresh new look on school will encourage us both this year.  This post will be about our new Bible curriculum.  

Balancing the Sword (Vols. 1 & 2)Today was our first day of school.  We started our day with Bible, as we always have and this new approach was refreshing.  My son is mature enough to be very challenged in his Bible time.  I believe this study is very challenging.  It has only a few questions for each chapter, however, it has many references to encourage us to really dig deep into scripture.  We spent about an hour this morning looking up the references and then discussing each of them and how they fit together with the chapter we read.  We are starting this school year in the book of Romans.  I think we are going to learn a lot from this Bible study.

In my next post I will share our new science curriculum.

Happy homeschooling.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds good. We start our day off with Bible, too--right toward the end of breakfast. I found a study that all 3 of my children can participate in, which can be tricky given their different ages/maturity levels. I hope you and your son enjoy this study. Have a great start to your school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good. We start our day off with Bible, too--right toward the end of breakfast. I found a study that all 3 of my children can participate in, which can be tricky given their different ages/maturity levels. I hope you and your son enjoy this study. Have a great start to your school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacie. It is always so wonderful to find ways to have all the children work together isn't it? You have a great start of the school year as well.

      Delete