Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Seek Ye First

In my last post I shared our new Bible curriculum and I was going to share our new Biology curriculum in the next post, this one, but I decided to share about our Economics curriculum instead.  This is the first time we have had an official Economics curriculum in our home school.  It was time, I thought, due to the circumstances of our country and the world, that we spent time studying about the importance and the basic understanding of economics.  It was so timely for us as well.  The Lord's timing is so amazing!  We are working on this study at the same time as doing a family Sunday school at church on finances and it fits together wonderfully.  The curriculum we are using is Exploring Economics by Ray Notgrass.  It teaches economics from a biblical perspective.  A few topics include the history of economics, choices, markets, trade, labor, government, agriculture, the difference one person can make and much more.  The important thing that it stresses is that God owns everything and that we are to be good stewards of what he gives us. To "seek ye first the Kingdom of God".  Not only is it a great high school study but I think it would make a wonderful family study as well.  I believe we are going to learn a lot as we go through this curriculum.

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment