Friday, April 11, 2014

Teen Pact 2014

Wow!  All I can say is Wow!  Because my son just finished his week at our state's Capitol with Teen Pact.  I can't say enough wonderful things about Teen Pact.  The staffers are a group of young people and their adult leaders, who are just incredible role models.  They not only carry themselves with an outward love for Christ but their love for Christ overflows into their teaching younger people about honoring him in all they do.  And encouraging them to live it out by being good stewards of their citizenship.

My only disappointment for the week was that the turn out was very low.  It's a shame that more homeschoolers around my state aren't taking advantage of this great opportunity.  The class stresses  looking and behaving in a Christ honoring way, praying for leaders by having a prayer walk around the Statehouse, electing a governor, senators, and committee chairs.  Writing bills, voting on bills and learning about the whole process of how the legislature works.  They met senators and representatives and got to share their bill ideas with them.  They gave and heard speeches, sat in on a legislative session and got to form great friendships.  Each day was a full day.  At the end of the day they got to enjoy each other's company with food and games.

The most exciting part that I got to see was my son winning the Governor's race.  This required him to give a speech at the graduation ceremony.  I have to say it felt pretty neat to be the mom of the Governor of NH 2014 Teen Pact.  I'm very proud of all the hard work he put into it.  Also a very rewarding thing that I'd like to share was that I got to hear a security guard tell a visitor to the Legislative Office Building, that "Those kids not only look really nice, but they are also very polite."  Pretty nice testimony from an onlooker.
The governor outside the LOB

The beautiful NH Statehouse

I hope you will check out Teen Pact in your state.  It is well worth the small cost for a great week of learning and classes that they provide.

Happy Homeschooling!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, I am so pleased that it is a Christ centered program and that my son had such a great experience. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I hope you'll visit again.

      Delete